For the next three months, I will be in constant touch with you , sharing my experience as a Google Summer of Code’ 17 participant with Sugar Labs.
I can’t express how happy I was when I got to know I have been selected for GSoC’17 and also in Outreachy’17 as a GSoC participant( I was upgraded to GSoC in Outreachy according to their policy). Ecstasy due to happiness hit me so hard after seeing this :
I got selected for the project “Timbre Widget for Music Blocks” under the mentor-ship of two highly skilled people , Devin Ulibarri and Walter Bender. Sugar Labs community is very supportive and we all like to work as a team and help others . You can know more about Sugar Labs here.
I have been an active contributor to Music Blocks since December’16 and been in constant touch with the community. Right now, We are into the Community Bonding period . All the GSoC participants meet weekly and Walter Bender makes sure that nobody is encountering an problem regarding anything . Moreover, all the mentors as well as the students working on Music Blocks related projected have decided to meet twice a week to keep everyone updated with the progress.
Updates till now , i.e. 21st May ’17 :
- Attended Regular weekly meetings on Monday with other GSoC participants.
- Attended meetings for Music Blocks related projects twice a week.
- Exploring Tone.js to increase the efficiency of Timbre Widget.
- Worked on Distortion as well as Tremolo Effect.
- Currently working on effects such as Chorus and phaser.
- Made changes to existing “set synth” block to inculcate the functionality of AMSynth , FMSynth , etc.
Target to be achieved until the end of Community Bonding Period :
- Get ready with Tone.js interface with all the effects as well as the synths.
- Get a clear idea of the UI for the widget which will commence with the coding period.
- Keep everyone updated with my progress via mail.
- I will also be fixing some minor bugs during this period.
Meet you all again in the next post soon !